What We Do
Divine Communications works with leaders:
- To teach you speak with strength, logic, and emotional maturity
- To develop writing that moves the world forward, including:
- translating complicated findings into clear, comprehensible reports for lay readers
- editing writing to persuade and inform specific audiences
- moving leading work toward visual and literary clarity that communicates with purpose
- To magnify the voices of people of color and people from marginalized communities by building their skills and power, and by teaching and learning alongside powerful professionals
As an ordained minister and a Harvard graduate, I offer a unique perspective on teaching. I am gifted at helping people identify their core strengths and tell their stories with authenticity and force.
I found a love for communications coaching while teaching at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, where I graduated with my Master's in Public Administration. My teachers were legendary community organizer Marshall Ganz; public intellectual Tim McCarthy; and writer and ethicist Jeff Seglin. My students have included the first woman to run for president in Somalia; the mayor of Curridabat, Costa Rica; and political reporters for CNN and the Washington Post.
I have lectured and led workshops on topics including economics and religion; giving and receiving feedback effectively; gender identity and diversity; and community development. My teaching communities have ranged from small church groups to the Harvard Kennedy School and the UN Universidad Para la Paz.